The coach house
Totally reconstructed with its original bricks the Coach House offers an element of historical interest. Built in the Victorian era to provide stabling and ancillary accommodation to Palmers Lodge, the Coach House reflects key details of Victorian architecture such as gabled roofing, sash windows and stone copings. Its function altered some time before the Second World War, when it was sold off from Palmers Lodge and adapted as a motor vehicle service and repair centre. Records indicate that the building continued to be used in this fashion between 1951 and 1999. More recently part of the building has been used for flower storage for the long-standing florist at the end of College Crescent.